The American Institute for Roman Culture and Darius Arya are proud to officially collaborate with Museum Week, a worldwide festival for cultural institutions on social media.
Since 2014 MuseumWeek has grown to include over 60,000 participants from 100+ countries. It has become the first virtual, worldwide cultural event on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Weibo, WeChat and VKontakte.
Special Museum Week Initiatives
We have created a series of unique experiences direct from Rome, considered a huge outdoor museum, that will underline the importance of this year’s themes.
There will be special webinars on Ancient Rome Live on May 10 and May 13, via live streaming direct from Rome, which is a huge outdoor museum.
In addition, keep an eye out for live broadcasts of the following sites and collections:
- May 11: Palazzo Altemps (Museo Nazionale Romano), 2:00pm
- May 12: Via Appia (Parco Appia): 11:00am
- May 13: Museo Etrusco: 11:00am – 12:30pm
- May 14: Soprintendenza Speciale di Roma: Archeologia, Belli Arti, Paesaggio (special site), 11:00am
- May 15: Park of the Aqueducts (Parco Appia), 11:00am
- May 16: Premiere of Roads of Arabia (Museo delle Terme: Museo Nazionale Romano), 3:00pm
- May 17: Mausoleum of Caecilia Metella (Parco Appia): 12:00pm (noon/midday)
Note that all times advised are Rome time (Central European)
These unique broadcasts are brought you in conjunction with the following special collaborations:
Museo Nazionale Romano
Museo Etrusco Nazionale
Soprintendenza Speciale di Roma: Archeologia, Belli Arti, Paesaggio
Museum Week: 7 days, 7 hashtags!
Discover the program and prepare your posts according to the hashtags! Prepare yourself to engage audiences around the world! MuseumWeek is also a great opportunity to engage with young audiences.
- Monday May 11, #heroesMW (celebrating workers facing the COVID-19 crisis)
- Tuesday May 12 #CultureInQuarantineMW (re-create cultural works of art and people from home)
- Wednesday May 13 #togetherMW (a tribute to collectivity, community, and joint efforts)
- Thursday May 14 #MuseumMomentsMW (recalling past museum memories)
- Friday May 15 #climateMW (underlining climate change issues)
- Saturday May 16 #technologyMW (highlighting museums’ reason-to-be on digital platforms and use of technology to engage audiences)
- Sunday May 17 #dreamsMW (dedicated to our collective aspirations and dreams, hope).
Cite This Page
Cite this page as: Darius Arya, The American Institute for Roman Culture, “Museum Week 2020 Collaboration – May 10-17” Ancient Rome Live. Last modified 05/09/2020. https://ancientromelive.org/museum-week-2020-collaboration-may-10-17/
Created by The American Institute of Roman Culture, published on 05/09/2020 under the following license: Creative Commons: Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike. This license lets others remix, tweak, and build upon this content non-commercially, as long as they credit the author and license their new creations under the identical terms. Please note that content linked from this page may have different licensing terms.